Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MBA ... Been There, Done That

It's the last day of March. And I've just given the last exam of my life as a student ...

Seems like a phase of my life has just ended. 19 long years have been spent being a student. And it all culminated today here at SIBM where I just gave (hopefully!) the last exam of my life ... Yes, I'm now an MBA - a "Manager By Accident" if you may :)

A journey that began in the kindergarten section of a school back in Delhi has ended here in Pune; at one of the premier B-schools of the country.... or has it? Guess it could also be interpreted as a harbinger of change, a sign of new beginnings, a start of a new phase of my life ....

Be that as it may, I stop and ask myself ... "Am I ready for the new & probably much bigger tests that life may have in store for me"? Well, I guess that's a tough one, but hopefully like all things have come to pass, I'm sure I'll be able to face up to the challenges of anything and everything that life comes up with.

Anyway, the immediate next stop: Home! ... Yeah Mom, I know you guys are waiting .... don't worry, it's just a matter of a few hours more ...

Oh and yeah, once I'm back, will have a month and a half to chill out and catch up with old friends (something that's long overdue), before I start as an MT (er, Management Trainee for the uninitiated) at Coca-Cola India.

To conclude this piece, here are a couple of lines from an accomplished poet ..... Divya Prakash Dubey, my batchmate and a dear friend who summed up all our thoughts about life at MBA in his poem ....

"Jab Office Mein Ghanton Padega Rukna,
Tab Sawa Ghante Ke Lectures Ki Bahut Yaad Aayegi"

(When We'll Have to Stay for Hours on End at Our Workplace,
Thats When We'll Remember & Miss These 1.15 Hour Lectures ...)

PS: for more on DP's work, check out:
http://esakyunhotahai.blogspot.com/

No comments: