Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Circle of Life ... @ SIBM

It just feels like yesterday that I joined SIBM for my MBA. And here we are today.... at the end of our spool ... bidding farewell to each other. And it's kinda ironic that it is all ending at the very place it all began: Manas Resorts.

Yeah, am talking about the venue for the freshers' party we had back in the summer of '07. And today, we had a fitting end to a 2-year stint here that was punctuated by both highs & lows; not just for me but a lot of other people, I guess. And now that life has come a full circle, I'm sitting here in front of the computer screen pondering about what all I've gained & what all I've lost these past two years.

Well, truth be told, the positives fairly match up to the negatives (at least for me!) and though I hate to admit it but yeah, will surely miss certain aspects of life here at SIBM.... both of the 1st year spent at "Kallu Mama's Kholi" in the main city and a 2nd year spent at a residential campus at the scenic Lavale countryside.

The question that now arises is not "Will I miss something when I'm outta here?" but "What will I miss?" .... ummm, well, things I'll miss the most (not necessarily in the same order!):

... the countless hours spent at NCC / Roll House with friends

... the innumerable CounterStrike sessions played on the LAN

... the night-time movies accompanied by the midnight snacks :P

... the once-in-a-lifetime [sic] & unique experience of Room # 4

... the coffee in the evenings with friends at the Coffee Shop / Zaika

... the "anytime, anyday, just-like-that" boozing sessions

... the movies at E-square / Gold Adlabs with friends

... the restaurants at FC / JM, Bat-Loi, Burger King, Zamu's et al

... the nigh-time bike rides back to Lavale with my "new" friends :)

And of course, last but not the least, won't forget some of the people I've come to know and care about these past 2 years. MBA would've been so dreary without you guys!

Oh yeah, well, before I forget (can't actually!), I'll of course be missing the presence of someone who I met in my 2nd year. Well, I so really wish in retrospect that I could've known you more & be better friends but I guess one stupid mistake changed everything, ain’t it?

Anyway, life as a show has to and does move on ... and so, as I said, here we are, the batch of 2007-09 saying "fare thee well" (with mixed emotions) to a place which, love it or hate it, I'm sure none of us can ignore ...

1 comment:

workhard said...

Im sure u are going to miss a lot from College when u step into the real world. Say hello to responsibility.

Read poems