Thursday, March 26, 2009

Irrepressible Paranoia

Something just doesn't feel right today,
The bright day seems like a dark night today,
Not too many things matter much anyway,
But even things that do, ain't alright today

Something's tormenting me in my mind & soul,
Donno what is it that's scaring me to the core,
There's this voice at the back of my head,
Telling me things it's never told me before

These voices inside are brutally pointing out,
The mistakes in life that were made by me,
There's this guilt crawling beneath my skin,
Trying to burst out, Trying to break free

I've tried and I've failed ... and I've tried again,
To drown all noises comin' from within,
I'm left with a nothingness inside of me,
And all of my walls seem to be closing in ...

I'm imagining things now where there are none,
There are shadows creeping up beside me,
Whispering in my ears and letting me know,
That I will never be what I want me to be.

There's nothing that could rid me of this paranoia,
There's nothing at all that can make it go away,
I knew it right from the beginning, now didn't I?
That something just doesn't feel right today ...

No comments: